Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books


Hi everyone! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books.

1. Love triangles. You guys have no idea how much I detest love triangles. No specific cases come to mind of them actually working, but I may just not have encountered one yet. I find them so cheesy and in most cases it just makes the girl look greedy and like she's using them.

2. Insta-love. I feel as though in recent years authors have felt like they have to make their characters fall in love instantly. Most of the time it just makes their relationship look unrealistic.

3. When friends get into a relationship and it ruins their friendship. Sometimes characters think that they like each other and that they should be together, and while that works occasionally, other times it doesn't work out and they feel awkward being even friends any more.

4. The bad-boy and the good-girl. OH MY GOD. Whenever this is mentioned in the synopsis or attempts to sell the book using this phrase or something similar puts me off immediately. The book has to get A LOT of love for me to even think about reading it.

5. When everyone tries to split them up. It's fine for a couple to have some ups and downs along the way, but when something is thrown at them every 20 pages it just gets boring.

6. When Mr. nice finally gets the girl. In relation to no. 4 up above, I much prefer it when a genuinely nice love interest gets the girl (or boy) instead of some charming douchebag.

7. Finding the right one after the wrong one. While the whole ordeal of having to go through something bad to get something good isn't nice and preferably not necessary, sometimes it's good to read about a positive end for someone for a change.

8. Simple, sweet stories. With romances I don't need the plot to be too complicated. If two people are right for each other, then that's that.

9. Unlikely romances. I enjoy not being able to predict who will end up with who, as it gives the book that bit of mystery.

10. When friends start a relationship and it works. The opposite to no. 3, this is what I like. People should be able to have a romantic relationship and not let it ruin their friendship.

So there we go! I hope you've enjoyed reading about my Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books.

Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hate at First Sight by Lizzie O'Hagan | Book Review

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider: Book review

January 2024 Mini Reviews - part 3